Monday, January 11, 2010

Coffee by Kalli

I woke up yesterday morning....well actually Kalli woke me up 3 times with questions before I actually got out of bed @ 8:20, but as I did, she informed me that there was "something special" on the counter for me.  Hmmm....what could it be...had she made me some sort of breakfast?  I hadn't heard any noises coming from the kitchen and none of the 3 questions she just HAD to ask, related to breakfast...so off I went to see what it was.
Sitting on the counter was 2 cups of coffee!! With a note, written in pencil, on masking tape, and taped to the counter which said:
"Mom & Dad, Here are 2 cups of coffee.  They don't have any mix in them, but you can add it in and then heat them in the microwave. Love Kalli."
So that would be 2 cups of Saturday's coffee....cold as ice...all ready for "mix" and the mircrowave!  So cute, so funny, but I couldn't laugh as she gets offended really easily.
So as I started to make fresh coffee, she began to question what she had done, and asked me if what she did was "okay" and if I liked it?  "OF COURSE I LIKED IT" I said "I just thought I would show you how to make it....you know...for next time".
Thankfully she was fine with that and headed off, so I could pour the old coffee down the drain!  (But I love how she called the cream and sugar "mix"!)

No comments:

Post a Comment