Thursday, February 3, 2011

My how time flies....

It does. I haven't written a post in a year--well a little over a year but whose counting!  I have to admit that even though i haven't written, i've watched:

i've "watched" Janet walk...and walk....and walk some more;
i've "watched" Fawn's girls work on their potty training;
i've "watched" Celia find inspiration every single day for a YEAR;
i've "watched" Kara's boys be....models (!!) for her new (and always improving)  "passion turned business";
i've "watched" new people come on board Urban Yukon, live their life, grow, change, put themselves out there. So what does this all mean??
I guess that means i'm a voyeur?! 

Seriously I think what happened to me involved a couple things:
1) when i'm starting something new i have a little bit of a "perfectionist" problem, in other words, i want to be GREAT right off the bat!
2) the kids were in afternoon/evening sports (which sucks the life out of you)
3) we had 2 crappy laptops which were always crapping out, (but now we have a spiffy new desktop--thanks overtime pay!)
4) i felt what i said wasn't as funny/interesting/important as what everyone else was saying (see bullet #1!!)
5) i'm sure i could go on, but who needs wants to read a "self-help" post!!

I have also thought about what i want to do with my "worklife"....do i want to work where i work...forever? It's a great job but does nothing for my "creativity".  It's easy to just chug along in "safe" mode.  And if i don't make a change now, when will i? I need to start putting into action, all the ideas and thoughts that have been drifting around in my head, into action. When i was 10 i tried to start my own store by asking kids to donate their halloween candy and we would split the profits! For some reason there weren't any takers.  (Come on people--not inventory costs--and who says a reconditioned chicken coop doesn't make a good store?!?!)

Reading Fawn's post about the "monkey" birthday party was the clincher for me.  I like planning..i like organizing...i like parties!!  I've planned a couple weddings, i've planned (and hosted) Amazing Race birthday parties and other theme parties, baby showers, surprise parties and i also plan AGMs and events at work, so why can't i do this for a living?  There has to be people out there who have events which they want/need to plan but would rather pay someone to do the planning and they can just show up and enjoy!

So that's what i've been thinking--and now i'm putting it out there for all the Urban Yukon world to see--as soon as i have the guts to press the "publish" button!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are still out there!

    Event planning does sound like a neat idea for sure. Good luck pursuing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kara!! And thanks for being (unknowingly) a motivation to me with both your sewing and weight loss goals.

    ReplyDelete