Thursday, January 22, 2009

100's day

Every year in my kids' school, the primary grades celebrate '100's day' which marks having been in school 100 days. Each student makes a project using poster board and 100 things glued on to it. I had come across Christine Kane's blog http://christinekane.com/blog/ where she talked about gratitude journals and things that delight you etc...So i challenged myself and kids to make a list called '100 ways I am delighted'. Well Kalli chose this to be her 100's day project--apparently she thought this would be more fun than gluing 100 cherioo's to a poster board!!!
Anyways we both made it to 100, Taylor made it to 26--i think because she is the kind of kid who delights in about a million different things a day, so to try and take the time to write down 100 of them, would be just too overwhelming!!! These lists were so neat that we taped them to the wall and there they have hung for a year!! I decided last weekend that I should take them down, date them, fold them up and put them away for when they were older. I would love to see now what delighted me when I was a kid.
So this morning, as Taylor was sitting there eating her breakfast, reading over the lists (i've taken them down and dated them--just haven't quite gotten them folded and put away yet!!), she informs me that February 4th was the deadline for Kalli's 100's day project. And sitting beside her was Kalli--eating Cherioo's!! Kalli doesn't say a word about the project--she was probably in deep thought wondering whether to glue 100 Cherioo's to a poster board, or do something way more significant---she is, after all, 8 years old now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment