Thursday, January 29, 2009

People are great!!



On Monday, on my walk home at lunch, i stopped to talk to my next door neighbor. She noticed that Rex had "blew a bootie". Now being that Rex is only about 7lbs, his booties are pretty small, however they are also inexpensive to buy at the Feed Store so it's not the end of the world. However, I figured that i MIGHT be able to find it as i walked to work the next morning, but alas it snowed that night!! I did not give up hope and kept my eyes peeled as i walked to and from work on Tuesday.


On Tuesday, as i'm crossing Tatchun, a car pulls up to the stop sign, the driver gets out and says to me "i think we found your dog's bootie". REALLY? "Just go knock on the door and my mother-in-law will give it to you"--and off he goes.


So i continue home, drop off Rex, stop at this guys house, knock on the door and am greeted by the whole family, their dog included!! The mother-in-law informs me that she found it down by Rotary Park!!!


Now what are the odds that when i loose this 1 x 2 inch bootie:



  1. a lady picks it up and doesn't just ignore it

  2. brings it home to within 1 block of my house

  3. her son-in-law leaves his house

  4. intersects with me walking home with Rex

  5. takes the time to look at Rex (or his little feet)

  6. stops and talks to me

  7. i am reunited with the missing bootie


I think that is just a reminder that people are great!! Later that afternoon i watch from across the street as a vehicle stuck in it's snowy filled parking spot, is struggling to rock back and forth to gain momentum to try & get out. Along comes a guy walking down the sidewalk who stops, puts down the stuff he is carrying and helps push this person out of the snow!! People ARE great!!

1 comment: