Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pushing the button and deja vu...

For those of you who read my post from the other day, i ended it by saying "....as soon as i have the guts to press the "publish" button! ".  It took me 45 min to decide whether to push the button or not (crazy hey?!) But i did, then i quickly "logged out" and did not come back until almost 24+ hours later!

I have most of my ideas for my new work/job laid out on paper and now i must begin to take them from there to reality...much like an Event Planner would do--taking an idea, planning it then watching it happen!  (I love this part!)  But having the guts to put it out there..for REAL, is when all the "useless-self -doubt-what-if's"come creeping back into my head. BUT i've put my idea 'out there' which means i now need to take the next step(s)... making a marketing plan!  This is not my area of expertise, so i've been reading up and signing up for any and all the free help i can get!
On another note,  Grade 5 dance-take 2!  (aka: Polar Games)  Kalli came home with the bus schedule on Wednesday and was stressed, She couldn't figure out how to get from the CGC to the bowling alley or vice versa.  (Having been through this with Taylor-who is not organized in any way, shape or form-i don't remember this being an issue; I was pretty sure that the bus ran continuously throughout the day).  She was in tears.  We tried to assure her (to no avail) that they wouldn't expect her to WALK from the CGC to the bowling alley!  Thankfully she came home the next day with a detailed schedule and she consequently began to geve herself (the first of many) random pop quizzes:
"ok, so i need to get to the bowling alley at 2pm on Saturday - which bus should i take?" (now try to find it on the schedule as quickly as possible...)  She was so relieved that she had this new schedule and infomed us that she was now "much more positive about the Polar Games". 
She also asked (on Wednesday evening) if i had time SEW her a dress like i did for Taylor .  Well the short answer was "I'm sorry but i don't really have enough time; i am however, willing to spend about $25 @ Walmart on a new one if  we can find one, that you like for that price (or less!)".  She informed me just before heading out to shop that "most of my friends aren't wearing dresses".  I encouraged her to "wear a dress if you want too" and "don't make your decison based on what you'r friends are doing".
To make a long story short, she found a new sweaterdress at Superstore, on the clearance rack for $11.94 (YAY!) and she had a great (stress-free) Polar Games. 
So this time next year it will be an end of an era; having expericenced Polar Games four years in a row, through the eyes of my two girls (who have two polar opposite personalities), i think it will may be bittersweet; i still have one left to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment