Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine

This year was a first for me...no one requested buying valentine cards.   Typically we head to Walmart and wade through Hannah Montana, Disney, Bob the Builder etc...to find something age appropriate, that they each like.  Last year I found really cute (and unique) ones online at various craft blogs which they both liked because they we're the typical store bought ones.  Last week Kalli came out with pink paper folded in half; she had made some for her friends.  Perfect I thought!  Taylor made no mention of Valentines in general..not the cards, not the holiday, not even the chocolate!! 
The night before Kalli must have decided that one must be inclusive of others and not have anyone feel left out--she came out of her room just before bed and showed me that she had (frantically) made enough for everyone in the class!  The best part: she wrote on the inside what she liked about each one:
"you are pretty"
"you are a good drawer"
"you are funny"
"you can draw cars really good"
This was done without any input from me; I did not suggest it, I did not imply it, quite frankly, I did nothing! 
I love it when you see great things coming from young people!

No comments:

Post a Comment